- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 36.36% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.88% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- NUTRISYSTEM INC has improved earnings per share by 36.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NUTRISYSTEM INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.25 versus -$0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.62 versus $0.25).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Internet & Catalog Retail industry average. The net income increased by 36.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.36 million to $8.70 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, NUTRISYSTEM INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Nutrisystem, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides weight loss programs for women, men, and seniors in the United States. The company offers Nutrisystem program that consists of approximately 150 portion-controlled items, which serve as the foundation of a low glycemic index diet. NutriSystem has a market cap of $456.6 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are down 2.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.