- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- EQUITY ONE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EQUITY ONE INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.31 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus $0.31).
- The gross profit margin for EQUITY ONE INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.35%. Regardless of EQY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EQY's net profit margin of -2.71% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 107.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.76 million to -$2.41 million.
Equity One, Inc is a real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of United States. It owns, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops shopping centers and retail properties. Equity One has a market cap of $2.84 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.You can view the full Equity One Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.