- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 220.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $10.86 million to -$13.07 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 27.96%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 213.33% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, APPLIED MICRO CIRCUITS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AMCC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- APPLIED MICRO CIRCUITS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APPLIED MICRO CIRCUITS CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.10 versus -$2.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.18 versus -$0.10).
Applied Micro Circuits Corporation provides connectivity and computing solutions in the United States and internationally. Applied Micro Circuits has a market cap of $680.5 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 37.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.