- EXEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.7 million.
- EXEL has traded 99,798 shares today.
- EXEL is up 3.2% today.
- EXEL was down 5.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXEL: Exelixis, Inc., a biotechnology company, develops small molecule therapies for the treatment of cancer in the United States. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Exelixis a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Exelixis has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Exelixis has a market cap of $843.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.16 and a short float of 51% with 8.30 days to cover. Shares are down 30.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Exelixis as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EXELIXIS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXELIXIS INC reported poor results of -$1.32 versus -$0.91 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.2% in earnings (-$1.56 versus -$1.32).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 66.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$44.73 million to -$74.62 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, EXELIXIS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$72.09 million or 32.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow EXELIXIS INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -71.74%.
- The share price of EXELIXIS INC has not done very well: it is down 18.42% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Exelixis Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.