- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SM ENERGY CO is currently very high, coming in at 72.70%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.88% is above that of the industry average.
- SM ENERGY CO's earnings per share declined by 22.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SM ENERGY CO turned its bottom line around by earning $2.52 versus -$0.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.67 versus $2.52).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 21.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $76.52 million to $59.78 million.
- SM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.92 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that SM's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.70 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
SM Energy Company, an independent energy company, is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in North America. SM Energy has a market cap of $5.17 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.You can view the full SM Energy Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.