- TOT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.2 million.
- TOT has traded 648,319 shares today.
- TOT is trading at 11.16 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TOT crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TOT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TOT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TOT: TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Refining & Chemicals, and Marketing & Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. TOT has a PE ratio of 7.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Total a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Total has been 933,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Total has a market cap of $157.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Total as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 67.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.67% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TOT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 69.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,969.82 million to $3,335.00 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.48, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.78 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- TOTAL SA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TOTAL SA reported lower earnings of $5.12 versus $6.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.08 versus $5.12).
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.