- VMW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $228.6 million.
- VMW has a PE ratio of 40.5.
- VMW is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- VMW is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- VMW is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- VMW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- VMW has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.7%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VMW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VMW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VMW: VMware, Inc. provides virtualization infrastructure solutions in the United States and internationally. VMW has a PE ratio of 40.5. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate VMWare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for VMWare has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. VMWare has a market cap of $12.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.56 and a short float of 19.2% with 8.46 days to cover. Shares are up 9.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates VMWare as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VMW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- VMW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.21 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, VMW has a quick ratio of 2.14, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- VMWARE INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VMWARE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.34 versus $1.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.51 versus $2.34).
- The gross profit margin for VMWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 90.60%. Regardless of VMW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.46% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full VMWare Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.