- CMCSA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $746.6 million.
- CMCSA has traded 297,375 shares today.
- CMCSA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMCSA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMCSA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CMCSA: Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. CMCSA has a PE ratio of 19.4. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Comcast a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Comcast has been 12.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Comcast has a market cap of $118.3 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 3.5% with 5.48 days to cover. Shares are up 4.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Comcast as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- COMCAST CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.85 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 14.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,734.00 million to $1,992.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, COMCAST CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.