The stock was up 1.15% to $69.67 in pre-market trading on Tuesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ALBEMARLE CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ALBEMARLE CORP (ALB) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.67, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, ALB has a quick ratio of 2.25, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, ALBEMARLE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.21% to $149.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ALBEMARLE CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -67.50%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ALB Ratings Report