- RRC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $229.9 million.
- RRC is up 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RRC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RRC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RRC: Range Resources Corporation operates as an independent natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and oil company in the United States. The company acquires, explores, and develops natural gas and oil properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. RRC has a PE ratio of 56.5. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Range Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Range Resources has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Range has a market cap of $12.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 6.2% with 2.62 days to cover. Shares are down 9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Range Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RANGE RESOURCES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RANGE RESOURCES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.70 versus $0.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.99 versus $0.70).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 143.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$75.61 million to $32.52 million.
- The gross profit margin for RANGE RESOURCES CORP is rather high; currently it is at 65.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.09% is above that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, RANGE RESOURCES CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Range Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.