NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Juniper Networks (JNPR) shares climbed 2% to $23.72 on Monday after analysts at Bernstein upgraded the stock to "outperform" from "market perform," while maintaining its $30 price target on the company's shares.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates JUNIPER NETWORKS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JUNIPER NETWORKS INC (JNPR) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JNPR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although JNPR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.20 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, JNPR has a quick ratio of 2.02, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- JUNIPER NETWORKS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JUNIPER NETWORKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.86 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.50 versus $0.86).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 125.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $97.90 million to $221.10 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JNPR Ratings Report