- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, ALTAIR NANOTECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.43, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.93 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$3.15 million or 36.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.91%.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 41.70% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ALTI do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- ALTAIR NANOTECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 23.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ALTAIR NANOTECHNOLOGIES INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.57 versus -$2.94 in the prior year.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Industrial industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.6%. Laggards within the Industrial industry included Lime Energy ( LIME), down 1.7%, Ultralife Batteries ( ULBI), down 3.0%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), down 2.0%, Chicago Rivet & Machine ( CVR), down 1.9% and LiqTech International ( LIQT), down 3.4%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI) is one of the companies that pushed the Industrial industry lower today. Altair Nanotechnologies was down $0.07 (2.0%) to $3.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,151 shares of Altair Nanotechnologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.40-$3.53 after having opened the day at $3.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.47. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells nano lithium titanate batteries and energy storage systems primarily in the United States and China. Altair Nanotechnologies has a market cap of $38.3 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 11.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Altair Nanotechnologies as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ALTI go as follows: