- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 103.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$7.24 million to $0.27 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 35925.00% to $1.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DYNASIL CORP OF AMERICA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 66.63%.
- 44.47% is the gross profit margin for DYNASIL CORP OF AMERICA which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DYSL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.60% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, DYNASIL CORP OF AMERICA's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 104.08% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 149.12% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices are trading down today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading down 129.91 points (-0.8%) at 16,954 as of Friday, July 25, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 978 issues advancing vs. 1,990 declining with 153 unchanged. The Electronics industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.6%. Top gainers within the Electronics industry included Electro-Sensors ( ELSE), up 2.0%, Pulse Electronics ( PULS), up 2.5%, BTU International ( BTUI), up 6.9%, Dynasil Corp of America ( DYSL), up 2.4% and AXT ( AXTI), up 4.9%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: Dynasil Corp of America ( DYSL) is one of the companies that pushed the Electronics industry higher today. Dynasil Corp of America was up $0.04 (2.4%) to $1.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,200 shares of Dynasil Corp of America exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 36,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $1.65-$1.69 after having opened the day at $1.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.65. Dynasil Corporation of America develops, manufactures, and markets detection, sensing, and analysis technology products for medical, industrial, and homeland security/defense sectors in the United States and internationally. Dynasil Corp of America has a market cap of $25.8 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 42.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Dynasil Corp of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Dynasil Corp of America as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on DYSL go as follows: