The firm said it upped its numbers on the marketer, producer, and distributer of nonalcoholic beverages, based on the company's flexible balance sheets and its strong cash balance.
Coca-Cola Enterprises opened lower by -0.20% to $48.70 on Friday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC (CCE) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 109.52% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CCE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.45 versus $2.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.90 versus $2.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 88.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $61.00 million to $115.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CCE Ratings Report