- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- RLGT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.19, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry. The net income increased by 86.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.88 million to $1.65 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.90% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- RADIANT LOGISTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RADIANT LOGISTICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.10 versus $0.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.0% in earnings ($0.09 versus $0.10).
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. One out of the three major indices traded up today The three major indices are trading lower today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading down 1.09 points (0.0%) at 17,086 as of Thursday, July 24, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,410 issues advancing vs. 1,558 declining with 167 unchanged. The Services sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.1%. Top gainers within the Services sector included Taitron Components ( TAIT), up 5.0%, QKL Stores ( QKLS), up 3.6%, Spar Group ( SGRP), up 3.7%, Radiant Logistics ( RLGT), up 4.0% and Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 4.6%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the sector higher today: Radiant Logistics ( RLGT) is one of the companies that pushed the Services sector higher today. Radiant Logistics was up $0.12 (4.0%) to $3.12 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,975 shares of Radiant Logistics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.00-$3.15 after having opened the day at $3.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.00. Radiant Logistics, Inc. operates as a non-asset based transportation and logistic services company in the United States and internationally. Radiant Logistics has a market cap of $105.1 million and is part of the transportation industry. Shares are up 11.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Radiant Logistics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Radiant Logistics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on RLGT go as follows: