It’s the end of the year and many banks are taking a breather from juicy interest rate deals.
But not all of them. Let’s take a look and see what kind of bank deals we can capitalize on before we ring in 2010.
Union Bank blankets the Southwest, and it's looking to add new customers across the fruited plains with a new offer: a $200 bonus by opening a “Signature Banking” checking account.
The offer is good through Jan. 31, and you’ll have to sign up for three Union Bank online services.
In order to earn your bonus, you must establish two of the following services:
- Three online bill payments
- Two monthly direct deposits
- Five debit card purchases
Even if you only choose just one of the above bank services, you still qualify for a $100 bonus.
For more information, check out the bank’s Web site.
We found this deal on the Amazon.com Web site, while scouring for after-holiday online shopping deals.
It’s a free $10 credit on MP3s by using your MasterCard. The deal comes through the MasterCard Gift Finder program. According to the Amazon Web site, to qualify, you need to take the following steps:
1. Select at least one qualifying item offered in the MasterCard Priceless Gift Finder.
2. Click the "Check Out" link and then the "Take me to Amazon.com" link on the Gift Finder.
3. Complete the purchase on Amazon.com using your MasterCard credit or debit card. Note: If you leave the Gift Finder or the Amazon.com Web site before you purchase the qualifying item, you will not receive the MP3 credit. Once you have made a qualifying purchase, future purchases from the Gift Finder will not be eligible for the promotion.
4. The items that qualify are the specific items initially suggested as gifts to you by the Gift Finder. Amazon MP3 music downloads and other items which are not gifts suggested by the Gift Finder, don’t qualify for the promotional offer. For example, items displayed when you click on the "more gifts like this" link in the Gift Finder, do not qualify.
5. If you don’t purchase any of the qualifying promotion items or if you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
6. Upon shipment of your purchase, you’ll receive an e-mail indicating that a $10 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads is now available in your account and providing instructions for redeeming your credit.
7. The promotional offer is valid for a limited time only. You must redeem the credit by March 31.
As far as we can tell, the $10 is only available only once per customer.
Certificates of Deposit
Here’s a good deal on a CD from Franklin Synergy Bank that’s lost a little bit of steam, but represents good value nonetheless.
Based in Tennessee, Franklin’s offering a 2.15% one-year certificate of deposit — that’s down from 2.25% in mid-December. But that’s still way above the 0.89% national average rate for 12-month CDs, as measured by the BankingMyWay Weekly CD Rate Tracker.
You’ll need a minimum deposit of $1,000 to get the 2.15% rate. Find all the application information you need here.
—For the best rates on loans, bank accounts and credit cards, enter your ZIP code at BankingMyWay.com.