You've probably heard that a good investment strategy involves stocks and bonds. That's all well good, unless you are wondering about what Daniel Craig has to do with investing. For those in the latter camp the Alliance for Investor Education recently gathered some resources for would-be investors.
Here are some of the best sites for bond beginners:
1. InvestinginBonds.com – An introduction to bonds from SIFMA (the Securities Industry and Finacial Markets Association).
2. Smart Bond Investing - The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority's primer to bond investing.
3. Municipal Bonds: Staying on the Safe Side of the Street in Rough Times - FINRA's timely guide.
4. Bond Funds and Income Funds - Fund info from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
5. Bond Basics for Individuals: A Guide to Buying and Selling - From the American Association for Individual Investors, a nonprofit group.
6. Investing in Bonds - The site 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is an offering from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
—For the best rates on loans, bank accounts and credit cards, enter your ZIP code at BankingMyWay.com.