Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10, but you still have time to pamper mom with luxuries that only seem like splurges. We’ve listed our top unexpected, under $25 gifts here (and some more inexpensive Mother's Day ideas here). We guarantee she won’t know how little you paid. Here's what to get for the...
1. List maker. We applaud the simplicity of drugstore notebooks, but Mom deserves something more stylish to track her trades, to dos and musings on life. The red canvas polka dot journal ($16) from Kate Spade (Stock Quote: LIZ) is small enough to stash in any briefcase, tote or gym bag.
2. Modern decorator. This stainless-steel “Girotondo” miniature fruit holder by King-Kong for Alessi ($21) doubles as a candy dish for her corner office or a spot to stash jewelry on her vanity.
3. Jetsetter. Give mom an easy segue into chatting about her world travels with World Tour coasters, each highlighting a different global city (Tokyo, London, New York, Sao Paolo). The bonus? They double as chic magnets, which can easily be stuck on the fridge when she’s done entertaining. Not bad for under $11.
4. Jewelry fanatic. Dainty, feminine and easy on the pocketbook, the Bon Bon Jewelry Box from Anthropologie (Stock Quote: URBN) (on sale for eight bucks) is perfect for stashing baubles that don’t need to be housed in a safe.
5. Home cook. We spotted this set of four olive oil and vinegar dipping plates on sale for under $20, ideal for moms who like to serve food in style. We think it’s something she’d love to have but wouldn’t splurge on for herself. If she’s already got the plates, try the equally cool hand-blown cruet instead.