Several web sites offer diners ways to save at restaurants across the country. Here are a few worth checking out.
1. CHOWHOUND.CHOW.COM — Billed as a community site "for those who live to eat," you can find tips on affordable dining options and other food-related topics. There are discussion boards for both the U.S. and abroad.
2. DINNERBROKER.COM — Users get discounts ranging from 10 percent to 30 percent for booking reservations during off-peak hours.
3. MYKIDSEATFREE.COM — The site lists restaurants nationwide that offer kid-friendly deals. It's maintained with the help of visitors, so call listed restaurants to confirm that deals are still available.
4. OPENTABLE.COM — Members can get 100 points or more for making reservations on the site. A $20 certificate is rewarded for every 2,000 points earned.
5. RESTAURANT.COM — The site sells discounted gift certificates to thousands of restaurants nationwide. For instance, a $25 certificate can cost $10 or a $50 certificate can go for $20.
• Cheap Eats: Dining Out on a Dime
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.