- CAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $306.2 million.
- CAT traded 16,649 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:36 AM.
- CAT is down 2.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAT: Caterpillar Inc. manufactures and sells construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. CAT has a PE ratio of 18.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Caterpillar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Caterpillar has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Caterpillar has a market cap of $69.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.65 and a short float of 3.3% with 6.81 days to cover. Shares are up 21.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- CAT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.84% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CAT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $880.00 million to $922.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,897.00 million or 33.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.92%.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.