- New loans grew by $971 million during the second quarter of 2014, excluding the impact of the sale of $303 million of indirect auto loans. For the six months ended June 30, 2014, new loans increased by $2.1 billion excluding the impact of the sale of indirect auto loans.
- Total deposits increased by $913 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 to $12.0 billion, reflecting growth across all deposit categories. For the six months ended June 30, 2014, total deposits grew by $1.5 billion.
- The net interest margin, calculated on a tax-equivalent basis, was 4.67% for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to 6.14% for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 and 5.05% for the immediately preceding quarter ended March 31, 2014. The net interest margin continues to be impacted by the origination of new loans at current market yields lower than those on the covered loan portfolio.
- Loss sharing under the terms of BankUnited, N.A.’s Commercial Shared-Loss Agreement with the FDIC terminated on May 22, 2014. At June 30, 2014, the Company’s loan portfolio included commercial and consumer ACI loans with a carrying value of $102 million and the investment portfolio included securities with a carrying value of $204 million formerly covered under the terms of the Commercial Shared-Loss Agreement.
- The Company terminated its indirect auto lending activities and sold substantially all of its indirect auto loan portfolio in the second quarter of 2014.
- Book value and tangible book value per common share grew to $19.82 and $19.14, respectively, at June 30, 2014.
|Tier 1 leverage||11.6||%|
|Tier 1 risk-based capital||17.7||%|
|Total risk-based capital||18.5||%|