- EXP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.2 million.
- EXP has traded 53,085 shares today.
- EXP traded in a range 220.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.02.
- EXP traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 1 day, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 1 calendar day. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXP: Eagle Materials Inc. manufactures and distributes building products used in residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure construction in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Cement, Gypsum Wallboard, Recycled Paperboard, and Concrete and Aggregates. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. EXP has a PE ratio of 36.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Eagle Materials a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eagle Materials has been 694,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Eagle has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 3.6% with 3.20 days to cover. Shares are up 16.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eagle Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.01, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market, EAGLE MATERIALS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 181.25% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.84% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- EAGLE MATERIALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EAGLE MATERIALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.48 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.83 versus $2.48).
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.