The firm also raised its estimates on the global security and aerospace company to $2.75 per share for the current quarter, from $2.60, and to $11.20 from $11, for the 2014 full year.
Jefferies said it upped its numbers on Lockheed Martin based on the company's new sales opportunities and cost cuts.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Shares of Lockheed are down 0.11% to $167.62 at the start of trading today.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP (LMT) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 41.41% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP has improved earnings per share by 23.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $9.04 versus $8.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.94 versus $9.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 22.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $761.00 million to $933.00 million.
- LMT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has remained constant at $2,100.00 million with no significant change when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite stable cash flow, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 43.40%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LMT Ratings Report