- TLM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.1 million.
- TLM traded 669,779 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:16 AM, representing 23.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TLM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TLM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TLM: Talisman Energy Inc., an oil and gas company, explores for, develops, produces, transports, and markets crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Talisman Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Talisman Energy has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Talisman Energy has a market cap of $10.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 15.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Talisman Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TALISMAN ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.63%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 38.15% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.52, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.71 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- TLM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.64% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, TALISMAN ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Talisman Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.