- DOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $283.3 million.
- DOW traded 22,300 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:02 AM.
- DOW is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DOW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DOW: The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products for use as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. DOW has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Dow Chemical a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dow Chemical has been 7.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $62.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.09 days to cover. Shares are up 16.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 65.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $635.00 million to $1,049.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.67, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.21, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 71.73% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.71% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.