- Revenue net of interest expense was up $131 million, or 6%, from the prior year to $2.2 billion.
- Total loans grew $4.2 billion, or 7%, from the prior year to $65.9 billion.
- Credit card loans grew $3.0 billion, or 6%, to $52.7 billion and Discover card sales volume increased 6% from the prior year.
- Net charge-off rate for credit card loans decreased 1 basis point from the prior year to 2.33% and the delinquency rate for loans over 30 days past due increased 5 basis points to 1.63%.
- Payment Services pretax income was $31 million. Transaction dollar volume for the segment was $50.9 billion, up 3% from the prior year.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) today reported net income of $644 million or $1.35 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2014, as compared to $602 million or $1.20 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2013. The company's return on equity for the second quarter of 2014 was 23%. Second Quarter Highlights