- ZION has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.8 million.
- ZION is up 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ZION with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ZION NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ZION: Zions Bancorporation, a financial holding company, provides banking and related services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. ZION has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Zions Bancorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Zions Bancorp has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Zions has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 6.6% with 6.69 days to cover. Shares are down 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Zions Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ZIONS BANCORPORATION's earnings per share declined by 14.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ZIONS BANCORPORATION increased its bottom line by earning $1.58 versus $0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.58).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ZIONS BANCORPORATION is currently very high, coming in at 91.67%. Regardless of ZION's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ZION's net profit margin of 16.70% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $126.56 million or 39.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 39.81%, ZIONS BANCORPORATION is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -98.56%.
- You can view the full Zions Bancorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.