- DVA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.8 million.
- DVA has traded 609,853 shares today.
- DVA traded in a range 201.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.79.
- DVA traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 24 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 24 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DVA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DVA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DVA: DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. provides kidney dialysis services for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure or end stage renal disease. It operates kidney dialysis centers and provides related lab services primarily in outpatient dialysis centers and in contracted hospitals. DVA has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate DaVita HealthCare Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for DaVita HealthCare Partners has been 885,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. DaVita HealthCare has a market cap of $15.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 2.2% with 5.89 days to cover. Shares are up 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DaVita HealthCare Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- DAVITA HEALTHCARE PARTNERS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DAVITA HEALTHCARE PARTNERS increased its bottom line by earning $2.90 versus $2.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.63 versus $2.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 507.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.16 million to $183.29 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, DAVITA HEALTHCARE PARTNERS's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full DaVita HealthCare Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.