For the first time, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), brings Skylanders®, the world’s leading Toys-to-Life™ video game franchise¹, to Comic-Con International: San Diego. Starting Thursday, July 24, fans descending upon San Diego Comic-Con will be among the first in the world to get a look into the Skylanders universe, including new toys, and hands-on Skylanders Trap Team gameplay, with more news to come. Attendees will be the first consumers to check out the new Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack toys and will be able to pre-order the Starter Pack at the Skylanders booth (#303). North American fans who can’t wait for the convention to start can pre-order the Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack beginning today at major retailers while supplies last.
- Skylanders Panel (Room 7AB): “Skylanders: The Creative Process of Bringing Toys to Life” panel on Thursday, July 24th from 6-7 p.m., moderated by Geoff Keighley, will offer insights into one of the world’s most beloved Toys-to-Life video game franchises, as well as a major announcement about new Skylanders characters. Speakers include: comic book writer Ron Marz (Green Lantern, DC vs. Marvel), famed voice of Kaos Richard Horvitz (Billy and Mandy, Invader Zim), and Toys for Bob’s Director of Toy and Character Development, I-Wei Huang. New updates to the Skylanders franchise will be revealed, and fans will leave with Skylanders giveaways, while supplies last.
- Skylanders Costume Contest (Room 7AB): Activision will award more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to the best Skylanders costumes at the panel on Thursday.
- Skylanders Show Floor (Booth #303): Fans can check out new Skylanders Trap Team toys, pose with Skylanders’ #1 villain Kaos and costume characters, and receive giveaways while supplies last.
- Skylanders Comic Book, IDW Publishing (Booth #2643): Leading comic book publisher IDW will debut the first-ever Skylanders comic-book series. Issue #0 – debuting at Comic-Con – will feature an introductory 16-page story that serves as a prequel to this year’s Skylanders Trap Team. Limited copies of a variant cover of the comic book will be available for purchase exclusively for attendees.
- First Public Hands-on Opportunities (Various Locations): Fans can be the first consumers in the world to play the upcoming Skylanders Trap Team at several locations and receive special giveaways while supplies last: Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour kicking off in the Interactive Zone at Petco Park’s Lexus Premier Lot (no SDCC badge required); the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Ballroom, Marriott Marquis & Marina (no SDCC badge required); and the Xbox Lounge in the Manchester Grand Hyatt at 1 Market Place (SDCC badge required). While at the Xbox Lounge, fans can win a collectible Skylanders-themed Xbox One.
- Rubie’s Costumes (Booth #3649): Skylanders fans can get a sneak peek at the new Skylanders Halloween costumes available this fall at Rubie’s booth.
- Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop (Booth #4612): Attendees can get their hands on the popular Skylanders UniverseTM Mad Libs, featuring more than 20 original stories, available for purchase at the Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop.
- Special Kids Day Activities – Sunday, July 27 (Various Locations): Kids who play the game at the Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour in the Interactive Zone will receive special giveaways, while supplies last. Fans can also stop by the Penguin Publishing booth to pick up their limited edition Skylanders activity poster, while supplies last. Kids will also get a peek into the Skylanders comic book at IDW’s Kids Comics Panel on Sunday at 10 a.m. (Room 4).
1 Based on revenue, according to The NPD Group, GfK Chart-Track and Activision Blizzard internal estimates, including toys and accessories (life to date, as of June 30, 2014)2 Based on revenue, according to The NPD Group, Gfk Chart-Track and Activision Blizzard internal estimates, including toys and accessories. 3 According to The NPD Group, GfK Chart-Track and Activision Blizzard internal estimates, including toys and accessories. All time since NPD and GfK Chart-track began recording data