- CLDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.2 million.
- CLDX has traded 126,142 shares today.
- CLDX is up 3.2% today.
- CLDX was down 8.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLDX: Celldex Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development, manufacture, and commercialization of novel therapeutics for human health care primarily in the United States. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Celldex Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Celldex Therapeutics has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celldex has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.18 and a short float of 20.9% with 7.95 days to cover. Shares are down 45.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Celldex Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC's earnings per share declined by 43.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has managed its earnings and share float. We anticipate this stability to falter in the coming year and, in turn, the company to deliver lower earnings per share than prior full year. During the past fiscal year, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$1.03 versus -$1.02 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 34.0% in earnings (-$1.38 versus -$1.03).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 72.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$17.33 million to -$29.90 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$31.88 million or 85.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 29.23%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 43.47% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Celldex Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.