- KEG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- KEG traded 250,800 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:59 AM, representing 12.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KEG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KEG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KEG: Key Energy Services, Inc. operates as an onshore rig-based well servicing contractor in the United States and internationally. The company operates in U.S. and International segments. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Key Energy Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Key Energy Services has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Key Energy Services has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.52 and a short float of 6.2% with 3.70 days to cover. Shares are up 4.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Key Energy Services as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 29.47% over the past twelve months. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 133.58% to $45.69 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 49.24%.
- KEG's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.62 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that KEG's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.67 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for KEY ENERGY SERVICES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.51%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.34% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Key Energy Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.