- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO is rather low; currently it is at 17.15%. Regardless of FFHL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FFHL's net profit margin of -18.75% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO has improved earnings per share by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO reported poor results of -$0.74 versus -$0.66 in the prior year.
- FFHL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.31 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Consumer Non-Durables industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3% versus the S&P 500, which was down 1.1%. Laggards within the Consumer Non-Durables industry included CTI Industries ( CTIB), down 2.6%, DS Healthcare Group ( DSKX), down 3.4%, Fuwei Films (Holdings ( FFHL), down 2.5%, Forward Industries ( FORD), down 6.2% and United-Guardian ( UG), down 3.0%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Fuwei Films (Holdings ( FFHL) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today. Fuwei Films (Holdings was down $0.03 (2.5%) to $1.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 12,225 shares of Fuwei Films (Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.16-$1.24 after having opened the day at $1.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.19. Fuwei Films (Holdings) Co., Ltd., through its subsidiary, Fuwei Films (Shandong) Co., Ltd., develops, manufactures, and distributes plastic films using the biaxially- oriented stretch technique in the People's Republic of China. Fuwei Films (Holdings has a market cap of $15.8 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 8.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Fuwei Films (Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on FFHL go as follows: