Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC (WWE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WWE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- WWE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WWE has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.22%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -6.39% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.37 million or 58.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WWE Ratings Report