- KMI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $160.7 million.
- KMI has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- KMI traded in a range 231.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.00.
- KMI traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 308 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 308 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMI: Kinder Morgan, Inc. operates as a midstream and energy company in North America. It operates through Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2 KMP, Products Pipelines KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.6%. KMI has a PE ratio of 31.4. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kinder Morgan has been 5.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $37.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 2.6% with 4.13 days to cover. Shares are up 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,118.00 million or 45.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.51%.
- 40.60% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KMI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KMI's net profit margin of 7.09% compares favorably to the industry average.
- KINDER MORGAN INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN INC reported lower earnings of $1.15 versus $1.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.27 versus $1.15).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 1.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $292.00 million to $287.00 million.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.