- ADS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $149.6 million.
- ADS has traded 65,590 shares today.
- ADS traded in a range 228.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $10.57.
- ADS traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 9 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 9 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADS: Alliance Data Systems Corporation provides marketing and loyalty solutions in the United States, Canada, and other countries. ADS has a PE ratio of 36.4. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Alliance Data Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alliance Data Systems has been 725,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alliance Data Systems has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 10.7% with 9.85 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alliance Data Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP has improved earnings per share by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $7.43 versus $6.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($12.32 versus $7.43).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the IT Services industry average. The net income increased by 6.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $128.98 million to $137.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $333.11 million or 19.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.37%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 49.95% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Alliance Data Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.