Macy’s is gearing up for the 2014 back-to-school season with the latest trends and incredible promotions, all in time to have school-goers prepped, packed and looking smart as school begins this fall.
- $14.99 (Reg. $24) Screen tees from Pretty Rebellious, Awake and more
- $34.99 (Reg. $46) Levi’s jeans
- $24.99 (Reg. $44) Basic colored jeans from Celebrity Pink
- $29.99 (Reg. $49) High-waist jeans from Tinseltown and Celebrity Pink
- $24.99 (Reg. $39) Soft pants from Stoosh, Rewash and more
- $19.99 (Reg. $29) Cropped tops from Planet Gold, Self Esteem and more
- 25 percent off backpacks from Kipling, Madden Girl, Nine West and more. (Reg. $54 – $119)
- $29.99-59.99 (Reg. $39-69) Boots from Rampage, American Rag and Madden Girl
- $29.99-39.99 (Reg. $39-49) Fashion sneakers from G by Guess and XOXO
- $49.99-$59.99 (Reg. $59-$69) Wedge shoes from Chinese Laundry and Material Girl
- $39.99 (Reg. $58) Levi's jeans (through 9/1/14)
- $14.99 (Reg. $24) Graphic tees
- $19.99-$24.99 (Reg. $29.50) American Rag shorts
- $19.99 - $27.99 (Reg. $40) Denim from Ring of Fire & Royal Premium
- $9.99 - $14.99 (Reg. $14.50 - $19.50) Young Men's tank tops
- $7.99 (Reg. $12-$14) Mix 2 Match from Epic Threads; choose from tops, scooters and leggings; Girls 2-6x
- $19.99-$24.99 (Reg. $40) Levi’s jeans; Girls 2-16
- $8.99-9.99 (Reg. $13) Screen-printed tees from Beautees, Belle du Jour and more; Girls 2-16
- $14.99-$19.99 (Reg. $20-$28) Tops from Epic Threads, Speechless, Beautees, Belle du Jour and more; Girls 7-16
- $11.99 (Reg. $18) Leggings from Epic Threads; Girls 7-16
- $24.99-$27.99 (Reg. $40 - $44) Levi’s jeans; Boys 2-20
- $14.99 (Reg. $18) Nike tees; Boys 8-20
- $7.99-$9.99 (Reg. $12 - $15) Screen-printed tees from Epic Threads; Boys 2-20
- Always $6.98 and $10.98 tees and shorts from Champion; Boys 8-20
For girls, 90s grunge returns with strong punk influences. Call it a fashion nirvana, as individuality and freedom of choice are prominent. Leather, moto jackets and pants with plenty of varnish and hardware are a must-have. Re-colored tartan plaids go from classic to youthful and take on a rock n’ roll vibe in everything from blazers and boyfriend cardigans to baby doll dresses and flouncy skirts. Slip-on sneakers, lace-up booties, and totes also get an update. Soft pants and crop tops are another go-to look for the early fall and back-to-school time period. The bomber, cardigan or “coatigan,” a cardigan that’s slightly longer, all are new and evolve her style. Top off her look with gold jewelry and a crossover mini bag or backpack. For little girls, those ideas still shine through, with bold, saturated colors that make the school uniform pop back to khakis, black and navy. With these trends, one thing is certain, she has all she needs to express herself this season.With the 80s and 90s serving as the inspiration, guys look toward a mainstream interpretation of the punk grunge era. The motorcycle jacket is an iconic silhouette and continues to evolve into fabrications beyond leather. The denim jacket takes a slightly tougher stance with more aggressive washes and contrast sleeves. Studs are back and show up on jackets, wovens, knits and caps. Graphic tees take center stage here with skulls, animal prints and punk rock band graphics. For little boys, the influence of the hipster-grunge era continues with a little bit of rock ‘n roll and a dash of punk. Key elements like plaid, cardigans, rocker graphic tees play back to skinny denim. Stars, stripes and skulls are the graphics to go after along with the play on words with attitude. Key rocker and some hand-illustrated, do-it-yourself elements come into play.
When it comes to dorm living, there are ways that college students can make their rooms feel more like “home sweet home,” while getting clever and creative with storage for a small space. Adding a distinct focal point to the room is a great start, such as a vibrant comforter or duvet with a few chic throw pillows to introduce new energy. To further warm up the room, floor lamps are great additions, as well as a plush area rug in rich colors, muted natural shades or bold patterns to tie everything together. Hanging shelves for closets and over-the-door shoe organizers are also must-haves – leaving students with plenty of room to study and relax!Teen Vogue Back-to-School Saturdays On Saturday, Aug. 9, Macy’s will again celebrate Teen Vogue Back-to-School Saturdays in select locations nationwide. During the one-day shopping extravaganza for the best deals on everything for back to school, customers can enjoy a showcase of the hottest fashions for fall, sweet treats and lively music while scouting their favorite brands. Visit macys.com/bts for more information about in-store promotions, the latest fashions for back-to-school and special events. About Macy’s Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks® and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Macy's flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in southern California -- are known internationally and leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, and with the collective support of customers and employees, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $70 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
For Macy’s media materials, including images and contacts, please visit our online pressroom at macys.com/pressroom.