- TPLM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.1 million.
- TPLM has traded 90,211 shares today.
- TPLM is up 3.1% today.
- TPLM was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TPLM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TPLM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TPLM: Triangle Petroleum Corporation is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of unconventional shale oil and natural gas resources in the Bakken Shale and Three Forks formations in the Williston Basin of North Dakota and Montana. TPLM has a PE ratio of 10.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Triangle Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Triangle Petroleum has been 136,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Triangle has a market cap of $993.1 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 3.28 and a short float of 15.9% with 7.52 days to cover. Shares are up 31.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Triangle Petroleum as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TPLM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 191.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 55.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TPLM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 179.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.21 million to $14.54 million.
- The gross profit margin for TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.32%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.57% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 381.07% to $39.84 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.51%.
- You can view the full Triangle Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.