FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for June 2014 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business. Monthly activities included: June 2014 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $254 billion in June 2014, 3% lower than May 2014 and 36% lower than June 2013. Volume from indirect sources was 45% of total retail volume (1) in the second quarter 2014. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2014 was $769 billion, 18% lower than the first quarter 2014, and 33% lower than the second quarter 2013.
- Average retail customer trading volume(1) per day of $12.1 billion in June 2014, 1% higher than May 2014 and 39% lower than June 2013.
- An average of 350,069 retail client trades per day in June 2014, 1% higher than May 2014 and 37% lower than June 2013.
- Tradable accounts(2) of 208,365 as of June 30, 2014, an increase of 4,336 accounts, or 2% from May 2014, and an increase of 17,367 accounts, or 9%, from June 2013.
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $226 billion in June 2014, 22% higher than May 2014 and 23% higher than June 2013.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $10.8 billion in June 2014, 29% higher than May 2014 and 17% higher than June 2013.
- An average of 54,542 institutional client trades per day in June 2014, 1% lower than May 2014 and 34% higher than June 2013.
About FXCM Inc.FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide. At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk forex trading. Clients benefit from FXCM's large network of forex liquidity providers enabling FXCM to offer competitive spreads on major currency pairs. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. FXCM's U.K. subsidiary, Forex Capital Markets Limited, also offers CFD products with no re-quote trading and allows clients to trade oil, gold, silver and stock indices along with forex on one platform. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com. Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all. Read full disclaimer. Visit www.fxcm.com and follow us on Twitter @FXCM, Facebook FXCM, Google+ FXCM or YouTube FXCM.