- SWFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.9 million.
- SWFT has traded 679,062 shares today.
- SWFT traded in a range 219% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.19.
- SWFT traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 12 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 12 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SWFT: Swift Transportation Company operates as a multi-faceted transportation services company in North America. The company operates through four segments: Truckload, Dedicated, Central Refrigerated, and Intermodal. SWFT has a PE ratio of 25.3. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Swift Transportation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Swift Transportation has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Swift Transportation has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.83 and a short float of 22.3% with 12.19 days to cover. Shares are up 11.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Swift Transportation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SWFT's share price has jumped by 47.36%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.10 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.33 versus $1.10).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market, SWIFT TRANSPORTATION CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 5.08 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SWFT's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.31, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Swift Transportation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.