- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, FORTRESS INVESTMENT GRP LLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- FORTRESS INVESTMENT GRP LLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORTRESS INVESTMENT GRP LLC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.65 versus -$0.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.86 versus $0.65).
- In its most recent trading session, FIG has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 79.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.33 million to $2.94 million.
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a publicly owned investment manager. Fortress Investment Group has a market cap of $1.51 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are down 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.