- APC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $255.6 million.
- APC traded 12,395 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:02 AM.
- APC is up 2.4% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APC: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is engaged in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of oil and gas properties. It operates through three segments: Oil and Gas Exploration and Production; Midstream; and Marketing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Anadarko Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Anadarko Petroleum has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Anadarko has a market cap of $53.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 2.2% with 5.07 days to cover. Shares are up 32.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.54%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -61.52% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,729.00 million or 30.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.