- UNH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $294.0 million.
- UNH has traded 126,304 shares today.
- UNH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UNH: UnitedHealth Group Incorporated operates as a diversified health and well-being company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. UNH has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate UnitedHealth Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for UnitedHealth Group has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. UnitedHealth Group has a market cap of $81.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 1.9% with 5.89 days to cover. Shares are up 9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates UnitedHealth Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UNH's revenue growth trails the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,408.00 million or 33.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 37.96%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.52, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that UNH's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.56, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full UnitedHealth Group Ratings Report.