- SE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.6 million.
- SE has traded 25,540 shares today.
- SE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SE: Spectra Energy Corp., through its subsidiaries, owns and operates a portfolio of natural gas-related energy assets in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. SE has a PE ratio of 25.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Spectra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Spectra Energy has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Spectra Energy has a market cap of $28.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 1.8% with 5.40 days to cover. Shares are up 19.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Spectra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SPECTRA ENERGY CORP has improved earnings per share by 21.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SPECTRA ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.55 versus $1.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.57 versus $1.55).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 23.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $340.00 million to $419.00 million.
- 45.52% is the gross profit margin for SPECTRA ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.73% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $686.00 million or 17.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SPECTRA ENERGY CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.51%.
- You can view the full Spectra Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.