Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will open the doors to its latest Mariano’s store, located in Shorewood at 950 Brook Forest Avenue, on Tuesday, July 15, at 6:00 a.m. Shorewood is the tenth Mariano’s to open of the 11 former Dominick’s locations acquired by Roundy’s in December 2013. The newest Mariano’s location will add 450 new jobs to the community. Across its 26 locations, Mariano’s has created approximately 10,750 jobs in the last four years. “Our Shorewood customers will find an enhanced selection of premium food selections and a wide variety of organic and natural offerings,” said Bob Mariano, chairman and CEO of Roundy’s. “Shop well. Eat well. Live well SM. These three concepts are not just a mantra – they guide everything that we do to ensure the perfect customer experience.” The Shorewood location will provide signature Mariano’s experiences including fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, house-made Italian sausage and signature Bella cupcakes. The store will also feature luxury wines from all regions, a specialty cheese shop featuring many artisanal, imported and domestic cheeses, as well as a bakery with artisan breads, pastries, cakes, donuts and rolls baked daily. Mariano’s Shorewood will also offer the following, among other features:
- Vero authentic Italian coffee and gelato shop features premium coffees fresh-roasted locally and homemade gelato
- Floral department showcasing over 30 varieties of cut flower bunches and unique, recipe-specific bouquets plus floral arrangements from in-house designers
- International aisle highlighting global cuisine with tastes from 15 countries, as well as an expanded kosher food selection
- A dietitian available for nutrition consultations, cooking demonstrations, education classes, and health screenings
- Full-service pharmacy that features friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
Mariano’s Shorewood is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There are currently 26 Mariano’s locations across Chicagoland.Additional details on other grand-opening week initiatives and events can be found on Mariano’s Facebook page, Twitter, and website, www.marianos.com. About Roundy’s Roundy’s is a leading grocer in the Midwest with nearly $4.0 billion in sales and more than 25,000 employees. Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 156 retail grocery stores and 97 pharmacies under the Pick ’n Save, Rainbow, Copps, Metro Market and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois. Roundy’s is committed to helping the communities its stores serve through the Roundy’s Foundation. Chartered in 2003, the Roundy’s Foundation mission is to support organizations working to relieve hunger and helping families in crisis due to domestic abuse, neglect and other at-risk situations.