- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TGS's share price has jumped by 62.85%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $61.94 million or 9.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TRANSPORTADORA DE GAS SUR's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 15.79%.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 35.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TRANSPORTADORA DE GAS SUR is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.96%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -6.26% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 143.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $22.29 million to -$9.78 million.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Utilities sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.2%. Laggards within the Utilities sector included GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), down 1.5%, Pure Cycle ( PCYO), down 1.8%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), down 3.8%, Ormat Technologies ( ORA), down 1.9% and Niska Gas Storage Partners ( NKA), down 2.5%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the sector lower today: Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS) is one of the companies that pushed the Utilities sector lower today. Transportadora de Gas del Sur was down $0.13 (3.8%) to $3.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 483,912 shares of Transportadora de Gas del Sur exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 363,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.21-$3.47 after having opened the day at $3.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.43. Transportadora de Gas del Sur S.A. operates as a gas transportation company in Latin America. Transportadora de Gas del Sur has a market cap of $532.3 million and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 58.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts who rate Transportadora de Gas del Sur a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Transportadora de Gas del Sur as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on TGS go as follows: