- Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace.
- Increase healthy eating options at the worksite.
- Promote a wellness culture in the workplace.
- Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture.
- Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness.
American Water (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today it has been recognized as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for helping employees eat better and move more. “We are honored and excited to be recognized among so many great wellness programs in our nation by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite,” said Peg Fenner-Gulledge, Health & Wellness Manager at American Water. “Earning this recognition for the second consecutive year is a testament to our invested focus on physical activity and employee wellness and we will continue to encourage both safety and good health at American Water.” Platinum-level employers: