- FRT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.3 million.
- FRT has traded 26,556 shares today.
- FRT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRT: Federal Realty Investment Trust operates as a real estate investment trust, which engages in the ownership, management, development, and redevelopment of retail and mixed-use properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. FRT has a PE ratio of 59.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Federal Realty Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Federal Realty Investment has been 368,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Federal Realty Investment has a market cap of $8.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.36 days to cover. Shares are up 21.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Federal Realty Investment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.59 million to $38.75 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR has improved earnings per share by 11.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR reported lower earnings of $2.08 versus $2.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.43 versus $2.08).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $79.16 million or 16.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 29.95%.
- You can view the full Federal Realty Investment Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.