NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Millennial Media Inc. (MM) are up 3.12% to $3.97 after it announced a partnership with Silicon Valley- based, Turn, which is a marketing software and analytics platform.
Turn users will now be granted access to Millennial Media's expansive mobile inventory on the Millennial Media Exchange.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC (MM) a SELL. This is driven by a number of negative factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC reported poor results of -$0.19 versus -$0.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 113.2% in earnings (-$0.41 versus -$0.19).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 245.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.75 million to -$12.95 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 44.92%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 140.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- 46.60% is the gross profit margin for MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -17.82% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MM Ratings Report