- accurate and repeatable receiver test results enabled by J-BERT’s built-in and calibrated jitter sources and intersymbol interference (ISI) traces;
- precise emulation of pre- and post-cursor de-emphasis;
- built-in clock recovery to reduce setup complexity;
- error counting accomplished by real-time filtering of the USB 3.1-specific 128-bit/132-bit coded skip-ordered sets (that can vary in length from the pattern stream); and
- investment protection enabled by using Agilent instruments that can be repurposed for accurate characterization in multiple gigabit test applications, such as PCIe ®, SATA, DisplayPort and others.
- the enhanced J-BERT N4903B high-performance serial 12.5-Gb/s BERT with its integrated jitter sources and ISI and the N4916B de-emphasis signal generator; or
- the J-BERT M8020A high-performance 16-Gb/s BERT with integrated and calibrated jitter sources (random jitter, period jitter, SSC), 8-tap de-emphasis and M8048A ISI channels.
The upgradeable J-BERT N4903B (the new option for analyzing 128b/132b-coded patterns) is priced at $12,500. The J-BERT requires software version 7.60 or later.All products are available today. More information about Agilent’s USB 3 receiver test solutions is available at www.agilent.com/find/usb3_receiver_test. Agilent offers a wide selection of high-speed digital solutions including essential tools to pinpoint problems, optimize devices and deliver results for design and simulation. Agilent will present a webcast about USB test challenges on July 16. About Agilent Technologies Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com. On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014. PCIe ® is a U.S.-registered trademarks and/or service mark of PCI-SIG. NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.