- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, U S ANTIMONY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for U S ANTIMONY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 4.54%. Regardless of UAMY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UAMY's net profit margin of -12.12% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- U S ANTIMONY CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, U S ANTIMONY CORP reported poor results of -$0.03 versus -$0.01 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average. The net income increased by 12.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$0.41 million to -$0.36 million.
- UAMY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Metals & Mining industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.5%. Laggards within the Metals & Mining industry included Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 3.2%, Minco Gold ( MGH), down 2.2%, Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), down 3.6%, United States Antimony ( UAMY), down 5.6% and Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), down 3.1%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: United States Antimony ( UAMY) is one of the companies that pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today. United States Antimony was down $0.09 (5.6%) to $1.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 16,767 shares of United States Antimony exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.50-$1.60 after having opened the day at $1.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.60. United States Antimony Corporation produces and sells antimony, silver, gold, and zeolite products in the United States. United States Antimony has a market cap of $101.4 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 18.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates United States Antimony as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on UAMY go as follows: